Thursday 9 February 2012

An Introvert's Attempt at Self-Promotion

I haven't written a thing since I uploaded From the Chrysalis to Kindle and that's the rub. Each step is onerous. Tracking down reviews, for example. Most people I know don't even have Kindles.Why is that? I work in a library, for God's sake, so theorectically I'm surrounded by readers. Ah, but you'd be surprised by the number of librarians (people with Masters) who don't read. A good thing I have five children and gave them each a Kindle two Christmases ago, and I've got a daughter-in-law and son-in-law with access to Kindles too.Won't they be surprised when they see what's in my book. Well, I'm sure my children will be too. My formatter liked Chrysalis though--thought it was a "damn good book." I suppose I should have been more assertive and asked why and got it in writing. I wasn't paying him/her all that much though to relieve me of the tedium of learning to typeset on top of everything else.

And this blog's another problem. What to leave in and what to leave out. And how to interest anybody [who doesn't love me] in my ramblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment